Please visit this sponsor!!

Monday, May 9, 2011

LETTER TO SENATOR RIGELL

Here is a letter (email) I recently sent to Rep. Scott Rigell (R-VA).  Remember, you have to be heard to be represented!  I'd love to see letters you've sent to your politicians.



Rep. Rigell,

Rep. Scott Rigell (R-VA, 2nd District)
I was a little disheartened to see an article (link at bottom) in the Huffington Post claiming that the fight to repeal health care reform is “dead.”  Now I realize that the Huff Post is a liberally slanted news source, but is this in fact the case?

I can’t see how this could be when the majority of Americans still want this bill repealed.  We, the voters, re-established a conservative majority in the House to fix things like this.  We nearly took the Senate as well, for the same reason.  With solid forward motion we will take the Senate in 18 months, and perhaps the Oval Office as well.

Can we repeal HCR right now?  Maybe not, but that doesn’t mean we quit. 

Please Sir, I implore you to reengage your colleagues on this matter.  It makes no sense to repeal the individual mandate but keep the rest of the bill.  The long term effects of this, in my opinion, would only further increase the costs.  Also, as the aforementioned article points out, repealing the mandate would only weaken the legal standing to repeal the entire bill through the courts. 

Even if the Senate won’t pass the repeal, make them vote to not pass it. Every time the Senate votes it down, the House should be sending it to them again.   Make them go on the record over and over again that they support the Affordable Care Act and prove their stance to the American people.  The Senators that vote against repeal can’t tap dance their way out of it at election time with a dozen votes of “Nay” on the record.

As a retired Navy man of over 22 years I know firsthand what it’s like to stand my ground in the face of adversity, even knowing I’ll lose.  When it is a question of morals, and doing what you feel is right, you never back down.  I don’t claim to know what you go through on a daily basis, and I thank you greatly for your service to the 2nd District, Virginia, and our nation.  I can’t promise if you fight for us that all of us will fight for you, but I can promise you this… I will fight for you.

If there is anything I can do to help with this or any other matter, please feel free to contact me.  I’d be honored to assist you.

Very Respectfully,

Mike Bing


Please comment below and share this blog with your friends. Share My2Cents

No comments:

Post a Comment